Monitoring and Evaluation
The following monitoring and evaluation system is provided to ensure that the plan is effectively implemented and kept under regular review. Monitoring involves the continuous assessment of programmes in the context of implementation schedules. It examines the difference between the planned (programme) and the actual (achievement) as well as provides information to the Department for analysis and action.
Evaluation on the other hand, would be the assessment of the Department and its activities in relation to set goals and objectives over a period of time. It would measure the progress in the implementation of the plan, and the mode by which the strategy, the programmes and projects should be altered, aborted or measured. In order to ensure an effective implementation of this Strategic Plan, the following mechanisms for monitoring and evaluation are provided;
The Department intends to assess planned activities against actual implementation through:
1. Inspection of projects- at the end of each semester.
2. Assessment report.
3. Feedback from staff and students
This involves the assessment of overall performance through:
1. Programme review (every 4years) by the Department.
2. End of Plan Review and putting in place another Strategic Plan.
3. Conducting tests, assignments, practicals and examinations every semester so as to evaluate the students.